Thread: THE STANDING
View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2010, 10:40   #136
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Meat's stage clothes are part of his theatrical performance .. and imo are designed to have impact from a distance. You sit at the back of an arena and the colour and sparkles stand out. They neither make him look 20 (how many 20 year olds do you EVER see wearing jackets like that? Please!!!!) nor imo is he aiming for that effect, which would be wasted anyway even were it the case as he now embraces his maturity and tells everyone his age while he's performing. He's not "looking for his glam era" .. he simply wants to make a dramatic appearance on stage, and he is as concerned about the person sitting furthest away from him as he is about those at the front. He's an actor. He's also a magnificent showman, and everything about his show is big, bold, dramatic .. his jackets, the staging, Patti's and CC;s stage costumes.

You are a Steinman fan, you like Meat to sing his songs. I am a Meat fan and I love to hear HIM sing and perform. That's the difference. And Meat has changed direction. He still hammers out his rock and roll style (his, not Steinman's), still commands his stage, still gets his audience to their feet, still performs. Now he has a style he's been working towards, to which all his experience has been leading him. And I'm the lucky one, because I think it's pure gold.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03187 seconds with 14 queries.