Thread: Vinyl Records
View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2012, 12:20   #7
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Of some albums there is more than one version available:

Stoney & Meatloaf:
- original release
- 1978 re-release as a "Meat Loaf" album as Meatloaf featuring Stoney and Meatloaf. There are three different covers for the re-release.

Bat Out Of Hell:
- standard LP, several re-releases, incl. one or two with a gatefold cover
- 1980 half-speed mastered version
- picture disc, North American and U.K. versions*

Dead Ringer:
- standard LP
- picture disc, North American and U.K. versions*

Bad Attitude:
- standard European edition
- U.S. version (different track order and mix)
- Italian version (cover has a white frame)

Blind Before I Stop:
- standard European edition
- U.S. edition with different cover
- Soviet pressing with cyrillic letters on the cover and and info on Meat Loaf printed on the back side (this is typical for many East European releases of that time)

Bat Out Of Hell II:
- standard U.K. LP
- U.K. picture disc

Bat Out Of Hell III:
- standard European double LP
- U.S. double LP in red vinyl, cover print differs slightly from European version

* The U.K. versions usually have the tracklist printed on the B side, the U.S. versions haven't. The U.K. Dead Ringer has the words "Dead Ringer" printed on the A side.

---

Aside from this there are promo/demo versions of the regular albums as well as promo live LPs such as Live (the one with the pink Bat 1 cover art) and Live from El Mocambo (Canadian promo).

If you want to start collecting vinyl records, Meat Loaf is a good source, as numerous items (incl. some nice picture and shape discs as well as colored vinyl) are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
I don't know if it's just me but WTTN doesn't seem as rare as you think, if you're using eBay. I've seen it show up a few times now. CHSIB on the other hand...
That's because CHSIB was a Germany only release, as far as I know. If you're looking for that record, you should have a closer look at the German market.

Last edited by Sarge; 15 Feb 2012 at 13:09.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 14 queries.