View Single Post
Old 03 Apr 2008, 04:00   #31
samurai7
Rock Star

I'm talking about people who have seen the show lots of times, with various different companies, in various different cities. They noticed little changes that have been made - remember it opened 10 years ago in Vienna, and has played in Stuttgart and Hamburg. There've been a few different Graf von Krolocks, Sarahs, Alfreds etc. There have also been prductions in Hungary and Japan, although I don't think any of the group I went with have seen the latter. These last two shows may not have been the best they've seen, but at least they all agreed on one thing: it wasn't as bad as the New York incarnation (thank God!)

I personally thoroughly enjoyed it. The only niggle I had was that sound wasn't loud enough for my taste, and I was sat right at the front! It's all academic now, though, as the show has now closed in Berlin. Next production will be in Oberhausen, starting in November, with a different cast. No word yet on who will be the principals, but apparently Tomas Borchert, who was 1st Krolock in Berlin is not due to appear as he's performing in another show at the time the new production is due to open. But I'd definitely recommend seeing it if you can. I'll never forget the experience!
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05501 seconds with 14 queries.