View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2018, 17:49   #6829
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Fences (2016)
Perfect acting from the entire cast. Denzel Washington his usual great self but Viola Davis' performance really was show stopping here in particular.

Probably works better as a play than a movie I reckon which I would have liked to have seen with the same actors but the snippets I've seen of James Earl Jones taking the main part look great too.
Worth your time if you like acting to take certain stage in a movie.
9/10

----

Notable mention for having seen The Greatest Showman (2017) a couple of times recently but I've not mentioned it yet.
Probably one of my favourite musical movies.

I wish the movie version of the Les Miserables musical had taken this approach (studio record the songs and mime on set, it works much better) and also had this quality music video director. It pays off for sure. The choreography and the shots thereof are perfect. Les Mis looks poor in comparison. Whilst the stage version is tremendous. Such a shame.

They did a great job with the Greatest Showman. Some great songs and super cast with Jackman rightfully taking centre stage.

Could have been a bit longer (another 15 mins I reckon) with perhaps another couple of songs thrown in but it was pretty great with some inspirational songs and lines.
8/10
Critics are clearly deranged giving this only 56% on Rotten Tomatoes. I mostly ignore them these days.

Last edited by AndrewG; 17 Jun 2018 at 17:55.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 14 queries.