5. Bat out of Hell III
6. Blind Before I Stop
7. Dead Ringer
8. Bad Attitude
9. Braver Than We Are
10. Midnight At The Lost & Found
11. Hell In a Handbasket
12. Hang Cool Teddy Bear

Braver has moments of brilliance but I think the album would have been much better without Who needs the Young at beginning. Perhaps some more production work on the vocals (with Rob Cavallo's engineers) would have helped. Really don't understand why Braver doesn't open the album. It's so epic. The guitar intro sounds heroic and indicates the final return of Meat in many ways.
With the available material I would have preferred some non Steinman songs too (but Steinman esque inspired music on here - just change "Songs by Jim Steinman" to "With Songs by Jim Steinman"). Replace Loving You... with the original Prize Fighter Lover recording. Put it straight after Going all the way... and you'd have one epic 2 track start. End the album with "A Date with Destiny" and then "Souvenirs" perhaps with a new For Crying Out Loud coda recording at the very end and this could have been a masterpiece and would have made my top 3. Throw in What Part of My Body, if managers didn't ruin things and this really would have been special.
Although I appreciate the attempt to make the final album completely Steinman only, in the end I feel that that approach perhaps detracted from the quality that this could have been.

So my fantasy Braver Than We Are version is:

1. Braver Than We Are
2. Prize Fighter Love (original version)
3. Speaking In Tongues
4. Only When I feel
5. What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most
6. More
7. Skull of Your Country
8. Train Of Love
9. Date With Destiny
10. Souvenirs / For That I Love You

Last edited by AndrewG; 25 Mar 2019 at 12:14.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05540 seconds with 14 queries.