View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2006, 10:38   #10
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding
There's definitely a bunch of thieving f*ckers out there.

Saying that though, at what point does something that's publically available become private property? surely there's some sort of copyright enfringement claiming something that isn't yours as your own.

Take for example the recent IACBTMN video. That became publically available, then it was put on youtube, then you get some morons thanking the person for putting it on youtube, when all they did was take it from someone else.

I think giving due credit is probably the way to go.

Pud
I get what you're saying, but a lot of times these videos aren't publicly available and someones had to find a way to rip / download / rerecord it. So others can download them rather than just watch them. I'm not just meaning me here, but others as well. Most stuff out there wouldn't be there if it wasn't for a few fans who do this for the rest. Most have even had to buy special equipment and / or programmes to do this. So where they don't actually own the copyright, they have gone to a lot of trouble to make the videos available for the rest of us. So I do think youtube or similar is very disrespectful.

Sometimes its taken me hrs / days to find a way to do something so I can share what others don't have. To find it on youtube or somewhere else with no thanx or anything, does pee me off. I'm not the only one this is happening to. Infact theres a couple of people who it's happening to a lot lately. If I were them I'd be fumimg. I just think we should all be greatful for what others share and not re-upload it to somewhere else as their own.

At the end of the day, I can't stop anyone doing anything with the stuff, allI know is I wont be wasting my precious time and money doint things for a community that will do that to someone. I'll just watch a show from now on without having to worry about getting good pictures for those who aren't there And i'll even be able to sing and enjoy the show

so yep, credit is the key and to not re upload them.

Deb
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05431 seconds with 14 queries.