View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 14:28   #2
CarylB
Mega Loafer

If I were given to identifying "favourite tracks" this would be the main contender. I love Meat's deep vocals, so perfectly paired with Patti's. The message in the lyrics, paring down what matters to that of being together, forgetting the trappings of consumerism and materialism, and holding close the love and compassion for each other and keeping one's integrity as a human being is in my view much more than " don't be upset if something went wrong, life goes on" .. it gives in this version of the album a conclusion that, in a world which seems to be running headlong to losing its humanity, holds out hope ... if we can just focus on what really matters, what's in our hearts and our souls. The original ending with Blue Sky was striking and dramatic. This invites us to embrace the compassion we are in danger of losing, and the fundamentals that reflect our humanity and give us the firm foundation we need to hold close. What may at a superficial glance seem simple words, when you listen to them can in fact convey more powerfully a strength and conviction of message. This isn't intended imo to be over the top romanticism, nor a simple happy song .. it's about a deeply held basic truth which stands all the more strongly for it's clarity, and in so doing may actually be heard by more people than if it was wound around with metaphor and simile.

A wonderful song, delivered with belief and honesty. For me it is a perfect conclusion to a signally moving album that I would not seek to be changed in any way. HCTB was Meat's musical soul on a disc imo. HIAH holds his values, beliefs, concerns and hopes, delivered with searing honesty, conviction, passion and compassion, produced by Paul with an intuitive and sensitive skill that enhances it at so many levels. A fitting 10+ on an album that is 10+ throughout for me, musically, vocally and above all, lyrically. To paraphrase, sometimes when it rains it pours, but I wouldn't trade this beautiful album for any of yours ...

Yes .. 10

Caryl

Last edited by CarylB; 21 May 2012 at 14:38.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02566 seconds with 14 queries.