View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2017, 23:09   #6725
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
On reflection...

It brought balance to the force, I love it and hate it at the same time.
I totally understand the divisive reactions.

*spoilers*
For what it's worth I enjoyed the two times I saw the film but I definitely didn't see a good "Star Wars movie". There were a few hints of old Luke, the scene with R2D2. Stepping out to confront the baddie. But other than that this did not feel like we were in the same universe as Skywalker Star Wars if that makes sense. Even Luke couldn't raise an X Wing out of the water after some training from Yoda but Rey doesn't require any training at all to defeat Kylo Ren and even hold her own against Luke. This type of story telling fits in totally with millennials I feel, who want everything right now and not have to work for it. Ie when you see 22 year old girls straight out of university put "Director" as their job title on LinkedIn because they work as a recruitment agent.

I do not understand how they are going to be able to create a compelling finale to this new trilogy now.
I'd rate this movie a 7 or 7.5 out of 10 but that is not because of the story. Most of it doesn't make sense or even fits with what JJ Abrams was doing with his usual rabbit hole approach in episode 7. It was more like someone poured cement into all the rabbit hole exits here. How did the producers (including JJ) green lit the lack of time interval between Star Wars stories. This never happened before in the previous 7 movies. Madness surely?! We already got a direct movie prequel non time interval handover with Rogue One (and that was better I reckon).

Shame.

Last edited by AndrewG; 20 Dec 2017 at 23:31.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 14 queries.