View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2005, 00:01   #7
SueW

Columbus, Ohio: I love your new poster for "Meat Loaf - The Show" (you look like one of the Jets in West Side Story!) Where and when was this photo taken?

Meat Loaf: I have no idea... the photo was probably taken from the video Live from Melbourne Symphony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Olmsted, Ohio: Your version of Gershwin's "Somebody Loves Me" is quite lovely. Would you ever consider doing more of the "classics" ? (You should, you're quite the crooner!) The best to you on your tour, Barbara Krecic

Meat Loaf: Thank you very much. The Gerswin estate has contacted me to do an entire Gershwin album, that was quite an honor. And there's always the possibility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KANSAS CITY: What is the hardest song vocally for you to sing?

Meat Loaf: I get mental blocks against songs I don't know if other artists do. The easiest one is 'Bat Out of Hell.' The hardest is 'For Crying Out Loud' and 'Anything for Love.'

Sheffield United Kingdom: Decadent Wish only had a limited release. Any chance you might release it more widely .. it is such a great song

Meat Loaf: No, sorry. I wrote all the lyrics to that even though it doesn't mention me.

Crescent City, Calif.: Dear Meat Loaf, No rocker has such a library of "opera" style songs as you do, songs where you can really let all the emotion and soul explode. What is your favorite song to perform live, and why. Rock On, John Pritchett Crescent City, CA

Meat Loaf: 'Bat Out of Hell.'

Los Angeles, Calif.: Just letting you know that your fans in CALIFORNIA can't wait to have you back!!!

Meat Loaf: I'm waving, can you see me? I'm waving to you!

Largo, Florida: I bought your daughter Pearl's new CD "Broken Thorny Crown" a few months ago and I really love it. Do you have any plans to work with her again in the near future? Pearl rocks! Sherrie

Meat Loaf: Pearl does rock and thank you for buying her album. We never know what the future holds.

Martinez, CA: Are you nervous about your upcoming Car Race? Please be VERY careful! Okay?!!

Meat Loaf: No I'm not nervous. I just want to finish, I just want to make sure I drive all 25 miles, don't expect me to win but my goal is not to come in last.

Columbus, Indiana: Were there ever any video's made of your original live performances? Is the TV show about your life available on video ?

Meat Loaf: I have no idea, I hope that video isn't for sale.

Jacksonville, North Carolina: When will you be out with a new album

Meat Loaf: I'm hoping for 2006

Philadelphia, PA: Hey MeatLoaf, I've always enjoyed your concerts. Is your upcoming concert tour almost like a theatrical show like your previous tours?

Meat Loaf: Can't be anything but that! I'm like Popeye, I am what I am and that's all that I am.

s'-Heer Arendskerke - The Netherlands: How are you today? The performance of For Cryiing Out Loud on the MSO-dvd was such a Gift...will you include the song in the shows in Europe and the US? Great day to you, Mariella

Meat Loaf: Thank you very much! Right now there's no plans to include it especially because a lot of the shows are festivals and when we come to Holland we don't do those kinds of songs at festivals.

Vancouver, CANADA: Hey, Meat..We LOVE you in Canada..any plans for any concert dates up here?

Meat Loaf: I'd love to come to Vancouver, no plans now. I've been there a lot, doing a lot and would love to come back.

Bielefeld, Germany: Hi Meat! Are you gonna promote any songs from Bat III on the summer tour? Susi

Meat Loaf: Yes, we are.

Arlington Virginia: I think it's great about your fittnes habbits and committment to helping young people avoid drug abuse.Thanks . I hoping you are taking Jon Rosebrook Are you taking John Rosebrook on tour with ya. Matt mht123 in VA

Meat Loaf: I don't think I'm taking John, he was an old stage manager. I'm taking my drummer.

Muenster, Germany: Meat, Will the Neverland Express be the same as it was last year? Eva

Meat Loaf: Yes, everyone is the same. All the crew, all the band.

ixon IL: From the sound of the title of the tour, can we expect audience interaction like we experienced during Storytellers? Jules from mirrorofthesoul.com

Meat Loaf: Somewhat, not as much but somewhat. We're working on a teletext system where you can text message on the stage.

Lancaster pa: I love your voice, did you train professionally?

Meat Loaf: Just in the shower!

Ankie, the Netherlands: Hope you are well at the moment. How are you physically preparing for the upcoming tour?

Meat Loaf: I bought gym equipment.

Arvada CO: Mr. Meat Sir, Out of all the films you have done which is your favorite. While I like the Rocky Horror movie I thought you were great in Leap of Faith. Len

Meat Loaf: I have three favorites. 'Crazy in Alabama,' 'Fight Club,' and right now a movie called 'Focus.'

Murrayville,Georgia: Hello!! I was just wondering who was the one person that really influenced your life? I love your music and I remember Bat Out Of Hell from 1977.I was in high school.Keep doing what your doing.Best Wishes!!

Meat Loaf: Gospel music and musicals influenced me musically and singers Mahalia Jackson and the Stamps Quartet. That's what my mother listened to and the first two records that I bought were the Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan.

Hamilton, Ohio: I think you are one of the few singers around that represent the common man. With so many "entertainers' being packaged pretty boys now, do you think you could make into the vain music industry today?

Meat Loaf: But I am a pretty boy and a sex god. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

SueW is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06344 seconds with 14 queries.