View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2020, 11:22   #11
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I recall them saying sorting out the rights for the 90's VH-1 shows would be entangling. Yet I can't help but recall how good those shows were. Even though the 90's VH-1 would have had the best possible equipment for the time and somewhere the master recording is gathering dust (assuming it still exists at VH1 in the archives). Put both "History of" shows and the WTTN show out in the best format available today.
Even these shows seem quite restrained to me. The venues - especially the 'History Of' - were small and Meat's shows always seemed much more dynamic to me when there was more of a crowd. I know a number of the Bat 2 shows in Europe were at least partly pro-shot, because you'd see the occasional song on different music shows around the time ('Anything For Love', 'Lemon' from Sheffield late '94, a couple of songs from a Rotterdam show, I think), and they always looked wonderful. That's a particularly evocative time for me, as my first concert was the Birmingham one in November '94.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08409 seconds with 14 queries.