View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2019, 16:45   #21
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
He's definitely interested in at least four songs from him, and I would wager that there's enough stuff lying around (including two from the musical, one of which Meat bitched about not being able to record for Braver) that it could be, but no, he has not stated that it will be all Steinman.

While I'm here, though... can we please stop insisting Meat record every other song Steinman wrote for Bonnie Tyler? What is the logic in this, exactly? As much as I occasionally like listening to them, it was daft enough hearing Meat attempt "All Coming Back" and "Loving You's a Dirty Job," which were already very successful for other female artists and just barely squeaked by. Do we really need him to cover every memorable Steinman song that ever made the hit parade?
Some of Jim's earlier stuff to me at least, is not very memorable and didn't make the hit parade. Some of it was just plain weird (as were some of his hits, ) but a lot of that 60's stuff he was still coming into his own as a writer. Then again he wrote "Heaven Can Wait" and Bette Midler made a caterwauling demo in a country music style ( I suppose) and Meat managed to achieve greatness from it. According to rumor Bette needed some money but she hated the song and made it as badly as she could.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03676 seconds with 14 queries.