Thread: New Members
View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2016, 11:59   #1305
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige78 View Post
Hello all
New member but long time Meat Loaf fan. In fact the first concert I ever went to was Meat Loaf in Newcastle in 1996.
Snap - The Born To Rock World tour, which was also my first concert at the Metro Arena. Forever in my memory for three reason 1) the Bass drum feeling like it was going to pound my heart into a different beat, 2) My dad almost bouncing the seats off the floor as he seemed to play his own set of invisible drums, 3) and a bloke behind us bellowing "GET THE MEAT OUT!" at the end of every song. I still to this day assume he was talking about the man himself, but I never did dare turn around just in case.

Oh, also I remember Meat telling someone to get the f out of the arena for not knowing the words to Took the Words Right Out Of My Mouth. And I think that was the show that someone randomly shouted out Ricky Lake during the On A Hot Summer Night speech, to which Meat responded "Ricky Lake? What Does Ricky Lake have to do with this? Does Ricky Lake love you? Yes. Would Ricky Lake starve without you? No f-ing way. Ricky Lake probably wasn't even born when we recorded this."

Funny the things that stick in your mind for twenty years.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 14 queries.