View Single Post
Old 05 Jan 2021, 00:13   #58576
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

I was interested to read this morning in an article titled Oxford vaccine regulatory authorisation: FAQ

"This efficacy result is based on data from younger (18–55 years old) adults – how do you know that it is safe for older adults?

The MHRA have approved this vaccine and have come to the conclusion that the dosing schedule can remain the same for these groups, we know further results are due in the next couple of months and will build on existing knowledge for older adults."

Link for the above..

https://www.research.ox.ac.uk/Articl...regulatory-faq

Which had me wondering what have the MHRA published about this?

So a quick visit to the government website revealed the following...

"Elderly population

Efficacy and safety data are currently limited in individuals ≥65 years of age (see sections 4.8 and 5.1). No dosage adjustment is required.
Paediatric population

The safety and efficacy of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca in children and adolescents (aged <18 years old) have not yet been established. No data are available."

and demographics quoted as...

"Baseline demographics were well balanced across COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and control treatment groups. Overall, among the participants who received COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 94.1% of participants were 18 to 64 years old (with 5.9% aged 65 or older); 60.7% of subjects were female; 82.8% were White, 4.6% were Asian, and 4.4% were Black. A total of 2,070 (35.6%) participants had at least one pre-existing comorbidity (defined as a BMI ≥30 kg/m2, cardiovascular disorder, respiratory disease or diabetes). The median follow-up time post-dose 1 and post-dose 2 was 132 days and 63 days, respectively."

Full link to the above information...

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ne-astrazeneca

And yet the government is rolling this out first to the elderly and vulnerable?

Seems to me, this roll out is going to be the largest, virtually untested drug trial in the history of the UK
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.07142 seconds with 14 queries.