View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2019, 18:33   #11
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I think the issue is that whilst Meat may well have said during the interview "I’ve gone through bankruptcy so I have to work" that this is not necessarily directly related to "I'm now planning a tour" as the way she has chosen to link them together in her article suggests. That's always the problem with interviews .. the interviewee talks, the interviewer takes notes, and later cobbles them together to suit their article and often their assumptions, or indeed agenda. This interviewer posted a highly critical piece earlier when Meat didn't make an arranged date, despite the fact she knew he had suffered injury at a ComicCon .. I don't trust her accuracy at all.

Bankruptcy when not used by the unethical to avoid debt leaves a spectre that haunts those who have been through it .. but Meat is driven to work by other motivations imo .. work ethic and his continuing desire to perform, to keep doing what he loves to do, to be on stage and entertain. He is prudent, financially cautious, but not penniless and driven to work because he is bankrupt. However I doubt he will feel the need to make a statement to that effect because a "journalist" who is not much more than an on-line blogger has implied it

Matt says "Why else would he subject himself to a tour so soon...He seems a bit too frail"

Throughout the issues he has been battling over the past few years, he has consistently maintained a desire to get back to doing what he does and loves to do. That is who he is. When he had to stop recording Braver for his first back surgery, even when he feared he might never be able to sing again he was holding on to the idea of doing speaking tours; he NEEDS to be in front of an audience. Now, despite further punishing surgeries, he knows he can still sing.

I'm sure he knows the days of the big arena tours with him charging round a huge stage like a man possessed are gone .. but there is no reason he can't find another way of doing something he loves and that gives his life purpose, and that is what he is planning and working towards.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 14 queries.