View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2019, 01:45   #8
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
Meat drops a few very interesting items in this article.

“I’m in physical therapy. I’ve gone through bankruptcy so I have to work. I’m now planning a tour. Small arena. A storyteller kind of show.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/28/meat-...nally-settled/
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Its PageSix.
They aren't known for their accuracy of reporting...
I realize from a few different people who I trust from our community that the reporting may not be accurate from the organization nor necessarily the reporter, but that is a quote from Meat, and I mean, it kind of makes sense - Why else would he subject himself to a tour so soon...He seems a bit too frail
still to do it just because he wants to and that's the end of it. I'm a bit concerned for his safety going out there on stage. I really hope for his sake that the article is wrong, but if it is not, that is so sad. If someone like Meat has to go bankrupt just because he couldn't work for a few years due to disability, that is tragic. I remember reading about Leonard Cohen having to go back to work due to being broke in his elder years, and I was surprised. The entire time he was doing his last decade or so of performing, i'd thought it was just because he wanted to. I think someone close to him betrayed him, such as a financial adviser? In any case, he did put out some great Art and performances in his 70's...He definitely made Lemonade. I really hope Meat does too. Be smart about this my man. Love ya...
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02466 seconds with 14 queries.