View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2003, 09:43   #41
Metje
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
I think Tim is right. Actually he was joking, but he is right. people just wants to be part of a group. They are a fan of Meat and then they join this Forum. It is also a contribution to their favorite artist. I their minds they are now officially a fan. Or something like that. Did i write this clear or does it make no sense at all?
I don't think that's the case at all... Not all people want to belong to a group. Pre-internet I never joined a group. But that's because I want no obligations in my life. I was surprised to find out that I actually AM a group person, as long as I can be one in my own time :)

Forums: what I see everywhere: there's always 4 groups.
1. the real active ones. The die-hard posters. Visit the forum every day, respond in almost every topic.
2. the not so active, but interested ones (on this board, I belong in this category). They take the time to read topics they've responded in themselves, don't read everything, but they post regularly
3. The lurkers. They read, are interested, but feel no need to respond or are afraid their response isn't interested enough
4. The people that register, and then forget all about the forum.

Mind you, this is just what I see in every group since 1998. Can be different from other experiences of course.
Hi, i'm a new member also and i was a little bit shocked when i readed this. If you look what Guppie is saying, i'm nimber 3. My englisch is not so good, so that is the reason that i never post here. It's not that i really are dying to be with a group. I'm with the Duth Forum, and i post there a lot, so please don't say anything about somebody that you don't know.And i hope you understand me. THX, Marjon
Metje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 14 queries.