View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2020, 02:09   #6900
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Tenet (2020)

Awful like all of Nolan's non Dark Knight movies (which I think are spectacular and probably the only reason why I keep giving him a chance).
Muffled dialogue. Zombie female characters acting with that sort of annoying attitude as if they have seen everything that has possibly happened all before so they don't care and constantly have an advantage over the male characters but at the same time being completely physically useless. Female main character is only concerned about one thing whilst the world is ending and her motive is the constant tell but don't show approach which doesn't work in movies. No sensible motive for the bad guy, who sort of appears out of nowhere 1 hour into the movie. By then it's almost too late to even care what you are watching. Far too loud music at times, like Dark Knight without the essence of threat or stakes being raised which you never understand as to why in this movie. Nonsense "plot". Nonsense MacGuffins which make totally no sense. People screamed from roof tops when this was done a little bit in Star Wars. Here they are used to explain some major reasons for things happening (Well you go into this machine / revolving chamber so... just forget everything we told you earlier too btw, hmmm why?)

On the plus side some good looking effects and good Imax cinematography. Maybe Nolan should have been a cinematographer for a better story teller director or something. His Dunkirk I thought was bizarre and emotionless, his Interstellar is the most boring non fun and pretentious Sci Fi movie I've seen in the cinema. Again here we are presented with no fun or humour for 2 1/2 hours. Movies can be serious but even Schindler's List had a few jokes in it to keep you captivated and entertained and more importantly see that there is light even in the darkest of times.

Don't bother unless you are a Nolan superfan.
Mindless nonsense wrapped in a shroud of ambiguity to pretend it's clever somehow.
4 / 10

Last edited by AndrewG; 30 Aug 2020 at 02:36.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06207 seconds with 15 queries.