Thread: Jim's demos...
View Single Post
Old 08 Apr 2011, 10:51   #9
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Of course, you're absolutely correct. We'll have some country line dancing songs on one side of the album and Meat Loaf rock songs on the other side. It will work perfectly. How FCOL ended up sounding isn't exactly "just a standard" ballad. It became a signature Steinman track with a sound that obviously wasn't there originally to begin with. This isn't just because of the absence of the orchestra. The whole pacing and singing of it definitely has a more Nashville approach than a classic Meat Loaf/Steinman one. In my opinion all this stuff reaffirms that Bat needed both Meat AND Jim to work. Meat isn't some form of X Factor vocalist stand in with Jim always having the sound and songs ready with or without it. I just don't believe it nor do I believe in crazy 27 minute Paradises nor that Paradise even would have existed without Meat.

I think Meat once said that the sound for BAT was found by himself, Todd Rundgren and Jim. However, I think that Jim was more influenced by Meat the actor as he's been quoted as saying he writes his songs with a vision of how they would be presented. Maybe after touring with Meat on National Lampoons and seeing him on stage, that helped to formulate the sound as well.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02458 seconds with 14 queries.