Thread: THE STANDING
View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2010, 00:51   #134
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
You don't need to rate the tracks against each other. But that's funny when people say FCOL and Like A Rose are sam quality. The first is a masterpiece, a hard job, a deep story, the second one is an easy listening, 2 chords, simple rock cliché. You can enjoy it, but it's not the same quality...
But that's precisely what you are doing in your reply .. rating one song against another.

As I said, it's a personal choice, my view on tracks on an album. I do not think about a track on another album when I rate a song .. I ask myself, can I fault it? If the answer in my opinion is no, then I say 10.

I said also that I am not a musician, don't analyse evey chord, I am simply someone who loves Meat's voice, performance, creativity, passion and style. I do not listen to find flaws or faults. I listen to enjoy. HCTB is TO ME a perfect collection of songs, which TO ME convey a powerful journey of love, self-discovery and learning. Each one TO ME flows from the one before and leads to the next. I know enough about what music I enjoy to know that I love the guitar heavy rock and ballads, and love the sound of Meat's vocals which make me feel like I'm sitting at a live performance. That's how I felt when I first heard the album, how I felt when I finally got it, and how I feel now .. except now I have the visuals playing in my mind when I listen to it having seen Meat performing some of the tracks live. I do not need tricky or complex lyrics .. although I think there is considerable depth to the songs on HCTB, and TO ME they convey a powerful story. I also love the newness of the album .. it's still a Meat album, still rocks, but he's moved on. And I love that.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04438 seconds with 14 queries.