View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2018, 23:12   #6790
Adje
trying to be realistic

Justice League (2017)

I guess these movies are a league of their own. But they do nothing for me. You can mash-up equal pieces of any of these superhero movies, and you have the same movie... over and over. Basically it's a regular tv soap series, dressed in big budget sfx gadgets.

I remember in the 80's thinking "What if they could make that into a movie," when seeing a cartoon or reading a comic. Well yippieee. These days they can. And so they did exactly that over and over again. Yes I get it. You can visually do anything (I) dreamed about 30 years ago. There are no limits to your cgi toys. No limits in putting something visually alive. It's all good (although sometimes not so good) and you try to overpower yourself by something bigger, more explosive and what more in the next movie. Bravooo!

But instead of watching a movie, I feel more and more as if I am watching a video game. It just lacks something. Hard to explain but for the sake of it I call it a lack of Heart.

In the end I felt no passion, no emotion and no sympathie for anyone in this movie (wtf was the story with that Russian family. Who actually cared about them? 4 scenes and I should be emotionally enough attached to care if they make it or not?)

4/10

btw, watched a small part of one of the Avenger movies. Anybody noticed that they are basically the same characters in different outfits? I think Colin Trevorrow should direct the next of these movies (either Marvel or DC). Cause basically there is nothing he can screw up more that it already is
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02309 seconds with 14 queries.