Thread: Aspen Miller
View Single Post
Old 03 Jun 2007, 02:58   #19
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Totally disagree. Especially on the comment about Patti. I think if you take Meat's musical career she should be classed as much more than a "leading lady" in the Neverland Express.

Patti was one of a kind in my opinion. Indeed Meat has had and now has other leading ladies in his band but none have and probably will ever come close to how Patti's stage presence / acting and vocal abilities helped Meat during his shows. She is funny / warm / interesting etc etc. Pretty much all other leading ladies in Meat's band lack exactly that in my opinion.
I find there is a real sense of "over-acting" by pretty much all other female co-singers Meat has worked with. It just isn't the same.

I'm really not impressed by the leading ladies Meat has in his band now (ironically while his musicians are actually fantastic)
For example the way Aspen sings the line: "sooner or later you will be screwing arouuuuunndd" in AFL is just plain awful to my ears plus Raven's lack of convincing acting has really taken away any meaning of the song when I now see/hear it live.
Don't want to ramble on but I have to add that Marion Raven's britney spears-esque voice is not quite suited to Meat's music and why she has been plugged so much by the record company to be on Bat 3 and this tour is something that I think beggers belief (espeically when you consider the two other co-singers on Bat 3 are in a completely different league). Instead they should have backed Patti imo.

Last edited by AndrewG; 03 Jun 2007 at 03:12.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 14 queries.