Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2017, 00:38   #166
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
Lets see how many people will openly admit to stealing Meats music?
Me. Flash back to 2006 and the entire Bat 3 album was played on a special radio show before its release. Someone recorded it, shared it on YouTube and I downloaded it. When Hell In A Handbasket was released in Australia six months before anywhere else, I downloaded it again from YouTube. In both cases I still bought the album later.

But i kind of get the new artist thing. I heard Ivy Lavern on the new Rocky Horror heap of sh... She didn't really sing my style of music but i found her album on YouTube so i listened to it...or stole it if you want. I listened to it twice and decided I actually liked a lot of it so tracked it down and bought it. If I hadn't been able to do it or didn't like it, I probably wouldn't have bought it so it swings both ways. If i hadn't been able to listen to it, i wouldn't have bought it. If i listened to it and didn't like it, i wouldn't have bought it. If I had been forced to buy it to hear it and didn't like it there's that wonderful distance selling clause where you can pretty much return anything to Amazon so i would have returned it. So, unless I liked it when i heard it, however i heard it, they wouldn't have gotten a sale.

In a way though, for years our library has had CDs that you can take out the same as books. I haven't taken any out for years, but I used to frequently take out CDs and rip them to my Ipod. Is that any different? I don't really think my local library will be giving out royalties based on the number of times an album is checked out so it's just the same thing.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04463 seconds with 14 queries.