View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2010, 00:08   #14
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
The record company had Dead Ringer to keep them happy. I think BFG was just arrogance on Jim's part.
Meat's voice was gone and he was suffering a mental breakdown around that period too. It certainly wasn't any of Jim's fault. The record company were demanding a follow up to BOOH and Jim had to record Bad for Good himself, because Meat was in no position mentally or vocally to do so. Plus his relationship with Jim was starting to show cracks. Jim either released Bad for good or got his ass sued. You can't say "Oh he should have waited a few years"; when you are contracted to release a record by your record company you bloody well have to. They can buy and sell your ass in a heartbeat. We all know Jim could wait a decade or two to release an album, but Bad For Good had to be done. End of story.

Jim is a good singer, but he was no where near as good as Meat Loaf. I liked BFG for what it was, but it could have been better. Meat from my understanding hated all the songs on Bad for Good when he heard them at the time. Even though he did record most of them in later years.

Page generated in 0.02922 seconds with 15 queries.