View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2013, 01:54   #62
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Agree with all you say Mick .. save one thing. Meat doesn't "have" to get used to anything .. as we have seen I think towards the end of the LaB tour he left bootlegs he felt were of good quality? And he's the only person with the final right to make that decision, and take what action he wants.
I don't think Mick was suggesting that that Meat "has to get used to it" in the literal sense - as if to demand something from Meat, etc....However, In the broader sense of things, no matter which business leader/owner is concerned, young or old....Fact is, ignoring a large, substantial change in your chosen industry is foolish. I know several programming languages. C# and Java to name a couple. Both of which are viable languages that I can use to make $$ right now. As with the music industry, technology is ever changing. If a new language came on scene in the next 5 years and became a game changer in the industry, one of two things could happen. a) I decide to focus on what I'm good at, completely shying away from the new thing, and risk losing the ability to take on contracts for a large portion of the market. b) The inevitable flipside...adapt to change, play with the new language. If it's good, and it makes $$, expand and learn and play some more.

If I decided to completely avoid a new type of language, framework, game engine, coding style, business model, etc, and someone eventually told me that I'll have to adapt some day....Sure, there's the possibility that I would be initially offended...Someone told me my way of doing things was essentially wrong :P But that person would be correct IF and ONLY IF I was determined to run a business that stays successfully relevant with the times we live in. If I'm on the brink of retirement, hey, maybe I don't care. But in the end, of course, it is up to the person running the business to decide what works best.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03475 seconds with 14 queries.