View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2021, 13:04   #35
wizardofodd
Super Loafer

A little thing I wrote on the Rockman FB page but something i wanted to share here too:

I’m so sad to see Jim leave this earth. Like many here, his work has had a profound impact on my life. I’ve always felt like Jim wrote every song just for me, that was part of his magic – to touch your heart with his poetry of emotion. Often OTT, outrageous, loud and yes at times a little bit camp. He was the master of the rock opera, Shakespeare with an electric guitar. Often replicated, never beaten – one of a kind.

I sing songs to my kids to get them to sleep (one of my kids is just a few weeks old) More often than not it’s a Steinman track, usually For Crying Out Loud or Rock and Roll Dreams – or might be bold and sing Objects. They are songs dear to my heart. Words I can still muster at any hour of the day no matter how tired I feel, indeed if you hold onto a chorus you can get through the night.

I thank Jim for those words. We are a lucky bunch here. Many don’t ‘get it’ and many never will. We do. How blessed we are.

Thanks for the ride Jim. x
wizardofodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 14 queries.