View Single Post
Old 05 Dec 2022, 19:51   #64
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
His FB page? His wife talking about Thanksgiving is the last I saw.

I don't mind this but there doesn't seem to be any talk about Meat's successes.

We all know there were many. It just seems such a waste this isn't celebrated "officially" anywhere.

Even a simple website such as what Janis Joplin has would be better than that forgotten .net mess.

It makes me furious knowing how many talented people could whip something like that up in no time and probably do it for free too. But then why should anyone do it for free. I'm guessing SOMEONE is still receiving royalties from the recordings right?
I'm going to go down this rabbit hole then, but what about a 45th anniversary box set for Bat out of Hell? With demos, all the live concerts released at the time, given a state of the art remaster along with the original album? What about Dead Ringer or Jim's Bad for Good? There's so much potential here. The record companies handling Bat 2 and Neighbourhood have always been very good, so I'm almost going to expect something there, what with the Bat 2 30th coming up next year.

There's still loads of stuff they could do with Bad Attitude and Blind Before I Stop that they haven't even done the first time. What about all those single B sides and remixes?

Or have we passed the point for box sets in physical media now? Wait, physical media? Is the most we can expect is Joseph's amazing Technicolor dreamcoat of Bat being issued in seven different coloured vinyls with no extra features at all? No CD, just that?

All I want to see is this music being celebrated. Even a compilation, which almost sounds amazing in hindsight compared to ten years ago when the record companies kept putting them out every other month.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04931 seconds with 14 queries.