View Single Post
Old 04 Jul 2020, 21:23   #9
CarylB
Mega Loafer

We got in with no problem at around 9.30am .. most of the organisation was terrible, the "gifts" were not readily available, and by the time we discovered where they were hidden they'd run out.

They hemmed in the headliners against a back wall; Meat had to make them move the tables, which were in one long unbroken line, forward on the second day .. and even then there was only about 4 or 5 ft between the tables and the wall.

The queues for headline performers were pretty horrendous .. Meat was fantastic, insisting on spending a minute or two with everyone .. including at the end when officious officials were walking along the queues shouting "No names .. autographs only. No talking", he insisted on asking people their names, and exchanging some words and writing everyone's name on their item when he signed. He was obviously the star who was signing last on each day day .. and even then was prepared to sign for anyone who came up while he was waiting for Deborah to go to the office with the numbers.

But none of the stewards knew where anything was, the place was a zoo, people packed in tightly while queuing for signing and photo sessions. I don't see how they can even contemplate running it this year.. and delaying to November when we can expect a surge in virus cases seems idiotic .. because COVID will not be gone, imo masks should be mandatory if buildings like this are opened up .. and how on earth would that work?

I agree they should have simply cancelled .. or at least deferred it to next year. That's what they've done with the musical. I'd feel safer in a theatre than in the Earls Court Zoo run by poorly trained personnel and don't see it very likely we'll see many theatres open this year.

Event Bright are simply holding on to the money for as long as they can!
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06064 seconds with 14 queries.