View Single Post
Old 24 May 2019, 18:28   #53
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
*Looks up Avantasia on Spotify*

Wow!
I instantly liked Ghost in The Moon. Great stuff.

Something like Mystery of a Blood Red Rose & The Story Ain't Over / Prize Fighter Lover (original version) / Date With Destiny would have formed an awesome basis for a Meat album.

I love bits of Braver, the title song is superb and like Souvenirs with the sax and Meat's voice is pretty good on that, but some stuff really should have been left off that album. Just because Steinman wrote certain songs doesn't make them automatically great in my opinion.

I'm sure there are many writers who could write in the style of Steinman / CHSIB / DIST / Blind As A Bat without having to go through the Sonnenberg management bollox.
You could also add in "As If Tomorrow Will Never Come" by Katrina and the Nameless (Used to be "the Waves") it sounds a bit too much like a Jim clone wannabe with a definite "Dead Ringer" vibe. I actually made a list once for songs Meat could do that weren't Jim's. Avantasia still comes very close and has strong quality in their work, not quite a match for Jim lyrically but they have some really good songs, especially those 3.

Nice to see another Blue Tears fan.

I assume if Meat does another album he would want it to be Jim songs based on what he said on that Youtube video. If it is true Jim ain't happening
there probably won't be another album.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02466 seconds with 14 queries.