Thread: Patti Russo
View Single Post
Old 03 Feb 2022, 10:01   #155
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmage View Post
When Jim died I was very happy about The Kitchen Sink Episode. I did listen and felt welcome at this virtual fire side chat.
When it went on about auditioning and touring I also listened and I spent some time last year letting all that sink in. It didn't doubt it. I had always wondered why Patti was "looking for a boyfriend in Australia" in these weird unexpected subtitles on the Melbourne Symphony DVD. Appears to be a little inside joke from Meat that's true meaning has now become clear. If my boss did that to me, I'd feel hurt. No doubt. Especially since that was almost ten years after the original event.
But, if it was bad to the extend that "Meat was the true cause of her problems", Patti could have left.
When Meat died, and Pattie tweeted her tweets I looked close at what the Kitchen Sink might do. I was irritated, because I was no longer sure what her intentions are and where this was going. As a fan, listening to all this I feel like I am called out to be a judge on something I have no insight in, cannot veriefy any facts. And I hate being in this position. The only facts I had was, Pattie holds a grudge against Meat's wife, and she was fired via Email... And Meat is dead. And I am a fan since the mid 90ies. And I want to enjoy some concert videos and listening to Meat's music. And in doing so Patti is everywhere. And I cannot stop thinking about what was sayed on The Kitchen Sink. So I waited, would would they do? And then the Kitchen Sink uploaded a parody video. And at that point it became very clear what was going on. You want attention through this. You couldn't release a sincere video stating that you would pause for six month and then continue saying what you need to say. By all means do what you must. No, a parody video right after he died. You wanted to draw attention to yourselves at the most unapropriate of times. Because you're plan of revealing bits of information and innuendos here and there was spoiled through Meat's sudden death.

The above quote is again, full of innuendos. Do you think anyone who follows Meat and Jim for some time actually thinks Meat and Jim were best friends? Well, one thing they did was keeping private grudges out of the public eye (Except for the lawsuit), because for their fans their lifes and careers are intertwined. There is no Meat without Jim, and there is no Jim without Meat.

Well, it'd be my guess, you were eventually trying to turn this into a book. You probably still are. Maybe at some point Patti would have gone to the press with accusations and you would have followed up with the inside story.
What I read out of Patti insulting Meat's wife after he died is:
Meat married the wrong women and she now tried to damange the reputation of the man who rejected her. I see Meat and Patti had real chemistry in all the performances that I can see. Whether I'm right or wrong you ask me to "read between the lines" that's what I read. Sincerely, this is the message that I get.
That's what I now think about Patti because of your Podcast.

I wish Patti the best. I hope she gets real therapy. Doing therapy in the public might not be the wisest thing to do. It incentivises holding that grudge, not letting it go. But then you wouldn't get the details, right?
I can see that I'm up for a real intellectual game of chess with this one.

Let's simplify.

Strawman arguments, and ad hominem attacks (see also: 'making things up'), say more about you than they do about anyone else.

You're better than this.

Be better.

Page generated in 0.05456 seconds with 14 queries.