View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2022, 00:07   #6911
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Jurassic World: Dominion. (2022)

I had low expectations to be fair but I thought it was pretty decent mostly. Some of the plot points seemed a bit under developed or not satisfactory. Mostly the new "creatures" that takes up Dr. Wu's time and the bad guy doesn't seem to have enough to do. Also some weird things with him went nowhere which I thought was a setup to something ("Have you got something to eat? I have to go now" Not sure what the f that was all about)

What I really liked were Grant, Sadler and Malcom's parts and how that integrated quite decently with the JW characters. They all had stuff to do and some interesting call backs to the first movie. Pretty well done and none of the characters felt unused or done badly (which we see SO often when old characters are brought back but maybe that is mostly a Disney thing these days).

Some really good dino chase / action bits.

Weird how most of the stuff in the first trailer wasn't in the movie at all. And "the first 6 minutes of Dominion clip" that was released months ago also wasn't what we got. All very strange the build up to the film.
No idea if a lot of the movie's screenplay got "fixed" /re-written in post production. Perhaps a bit clumsy.

Initial thought is an 8/10 as I just had a good time, but I often lower the score on subsequent viewings I've noticed as my initial expectations play such a part in my reaction.
I think eventually I'd say it's maybe something like a 7 or 7.5 / 10 if I'm a bit more objective.
Better than I expected anyway.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03202 seconds with 14 queries.