View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2021, 15:57   #6907
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

West Side Story
Excellent re-work of the musical. Perfect soundtrack, great cast, great visuals and cinematography. Far more satisfying than the original dated movie.
Probably one my favourite Spielberg movies since Jurassic Park / Schindler's List. A whopping 28 years with quite a bit of claptrap in between.
Shame the cinemas were empty for this. I thought it was superb.
Spielberg should have done more musicals. Especially something like Les Mis or Phantom which have poor movie versions.
8.5/10

Spider-Man: No Way Home.
To me it seems overhyped.
I enjoyed it but is pretty dumb in places and has inconsistent pacing.
Spoiler below:

Apparently the worst part of of Spiderman's identity reveal is the 3 main characters not ending up in MIT. This is pretty ridiculously dumb. No one seems to be critical that this is the main catalyst for all the hectic carry on. Just as stupid as a rat freeing Ant Man from the Quantum Realm.
Why didn't they do something like Ned gets beat up / ends up in hospital or MJ gets harassed or something (not for 10 seconds which we saw, but something like an uncomfortable scene where she is all alone and there is no escape because Spider Man is saving someone else? This enforces the predicament as in that he cannot always be there for her and thus needs to be resolved surely? I probably would have done both at least. Happy goes to prison and Aunt May loses her job. This seems like an easy fix no? Spend 10 minutes on that and you have a movie that earns its story more.
Something really dark here would have made Peter Parker's trip to the wizard more believable.
Not ending up in MIT? Help me Dr Strange! ~~~~ off, film.

I enjoyed the movie but it doesn't come close to Infinity War, which to me is still the best Marvel movie in which I think the stakes are raised and there is real threat. I mostly prefer DC over the other dumb Marvel stuff. The likes of the Black Widow movie was terrible. At least No Way Home is not as bad.
7/10

Last edited by AndrewG; 28 Dec 2021 at 16:18.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02394 seconds with 14 queries.