View Single Post
Old 02 Jun 2013, 12:35   #42
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
There are thousands of signed items on-eBay, although certainly you are correct in that it's not "most" people who are putting them there.
Oh sure I was referring to ones with Meat's autograph .. generally around 50, and many of those from autograph dealers .. eg the one who has bought some signed photos from the merch stand for £10 and is trying to get £60.

Quote:
Often times, not very. Or, they're just hastily scribbled without much thought. The only way to be 100% sure is if you actually see the person sign.
Yes .. plus in Meat's case those you know you can trust eg from his merchandise stand, or via his management company. Not sure this has been/would be the case for every celebrity/group, but I trust Meat on signed items absolutely .. one of the benefits of following a performer who doesn't have a few million wild and giddy teenagers mobbing him I guess

Some eBay sellers admit the signature has simply been copied and applied, others don't. And I've seen a few that look remarkably unlike Meat's, even given signatures vary and change over time. I remember Meat pulling one off eBay because he knew the photo and knew he had never signed a copy.

But I do understand fans who will never get the opportunity to have something signed for them in person wanting something with an autograph. Still, they will have the opportunity to buy with confidence from LFTT when we put ours on site, and they won't be at an outrageous eBay cost!

Quote:
I was once in Las Vegas with a friend, and she got very excited when someone told us that Pete Rose was signing autographs. She wanted to get one for her son, who is a huge baseball fan. That was until we were also told that he was charging $100 a pop. I just thought that was disgusting. Needless to say, she didn't bother.
I'd agree that was outrageous .. even from one of those poorly paid professional sportsmen who must be seized constantly with how they're going to pay the power bill
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05041 seconds with 14 queries.