View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2004, 03:24   #35
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.
 
Join Date: 06.08.2002
Location:  In the middle of nowhere near the end of the line.
Posts: 16,104
Default

OK, Heli posted an appeal for help with schoolwork.A little strange I thought, but certainly not agaist forum rules.

There are people who are happy to help someone with corsework.Others think it is wrong.Both opinions are valid, in so far it is what the poster themselves believe.

Personally I would not like to operated on one day by a surgeon who got a friend to virtually disect his frogs on the net for him while he was at school .But this was hardly surgery .

I don't know the rules concerning GCSE corsework, so I have no informed opinion, but if I did have an opinion, it would matter very little to anyone accept ME.The only time my personal opinion has any bearing whatsoever on anyone else is when I have to moderate (i.e. now).

It isn't opinions I have a problem with in this thread, rather the fact that people are unable to accept another opinion without bitching about it.I don't even object to debateing opinions (which is basically a waste of time, seeing the possibility of changing another persons ethics are very slim to say the least, but what the hell, it's something to do ).What I do have a problem with is, is comments like....

Quote:
Unhelpful pretentious tw@t
and accusing people of a....

Quote:
Menopausal rant
This just isn't showing other forum users the respect they are due here.

Yes, have your opinions.

Yes, feel free to have your say.

Yes, debate ideas (even though the chance of changing another persons opinions is small).

BUT.If you can't do that without becoming agresive, and posting insults, don't bother posting.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.04143 seconds with 13 queries.