View Single Post
Old 08 Mar 2004, 16:42   #9
03gills
Loafer
 
Join Date: 07.03.2004
Posts: 73
Default I've Come To A Conclusion on dead ringer (I think!!!)

I think i've come to a conclusion on this whole Dead Ringer debate, i've heard a lot of people say that dead ringer was a bad album because the production was bad, i say production has litlle or nothing to do with the albums reputation, or any album for that matter, in the end what makes an album exellent or poor is the SONGWRITING, production is just all bells and whisles. If Left In The Dark had the dead ringer production sound it would still be an exellent song because at the core the songwriting was exellent. Now when steinman wrote Dead Ringer he consiously set out to tone town the album so meats already damaged voice wouldn't be put at anymore risk, think about it, steinman essentially had to write a second sequel to bat out of hell that was more personalised less epic, if anything THAT's why the general public didn't flock to it as much as the first.Plus the timing for the album was all wrong. Even though everything seemed to be working against meatloaf and steinman they still managed to pull of a great album. although a remaster would be more likley (and on the most part prefered) dont rule out a dead ringer makeover just yet. I know it's been said before BUT FOR GOD's SAKE JIM, NO REMIXES!!! :P
03gills is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02769 seconds with 13 queries.