Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bigmomma
If that is the case,then.....
Why has she not made a post here warning people that her email address(which many people will regard as safe btw)has been used maliciously,or if she is unable to post,then got somebody else to do it for her??
If loafdom.com is her domain,then surely she has access to the cp to close down that email address.....and prevent anyone else being sent emails,from what many would regard as a "safe" address........
And it is not coincidental that 2 people from the same forum(here)would recieve a virus like that.What you are saying,is that someone has gained control of her email address,then decided to mail a virus to 2 members of this forum,this is definately not coincidental.
There are ways to find out specifically where a email has origanated from.....even to find out the machine that it origanated from.
jp
|
Caryl can't reply to this because she evidentally has been banned from the forums for whatever reason.
I received 3 emails the other day that contained that same worm and I started to open one of them because I thought I recognized the email address as one I've seen on the BatCaves list. Now it may or may not have been anyone really on that list but my virus scanner caught it before it went into anything. (WHEW!) This was not sent to my RoL list address or the one I have in my profile here (without looking I think I had changed it). And many of us are on multiple lists so who knows where this started.
This does not mean that it really came from anyone on either the RoL list or the BatCaves list. It just means that it attached itself to someone's name and multiplied from there. The same with the one that supposedly came from Caryl. It didn't originate from her even though it may look like it did. Someone must have had both of those addresses in their address book (Caryl's and Deb's) or somewhere in their files/system for this worm to attach itself to them and spread. The main thing is to make sure your virus scanner is updated to catch it to prevent it from going any farther.
Lady B