View Single Post
Old 04 Nov 2022, 21:39   #53
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
"Karaoke theatre" Literally tonight:

People have every right to compare these tribute acts, fully endorsed or not.

With the amount of dates Steve Steinman is playing I'd say the fully endorsed act has some catching up to do if they want to be as popular in the UK.

If you put yourself out there you can expect to be criticised and compared to the original artist even if you are just attempting to perform these songs, it's inevitable.

I'll leave judgement of the performance till I see it but a lot of stuff I've seen and heard so far just doesn't impress me the way they are going about it.

Look at the revved up single artwork. It's just strange and seems more like what I expect Paul Crook likes rather than it fitting in with Steinman and Meat's music:

Even the cover of the album (IF that what it is) seems self indulgent, very lazy and not even well put together. There is something quite off about Randy in front of the girl.

Are you telling me the "karaoke theatre" tribute artwork is "less Meat Loaf" simply because it isn't endorsed by Meat?

Get real.
These band members played with Meat for 20 years, some less, some more, they know what Meat wanted in a show, how he wanted it done and how he wanted the audience to feel. I put more trust in these guys than a tribute act, although I must say successful one, but these guys knew Meat inside and out. I went to a Steve Steinman show back in Manchester over 10 years ago, before he started the Vampires Rock stuff and I wasn’t all impressed, as I said “karaoke theatre”. I went to see The Neverland Express back in February in Red Bank, NJ and it was a great night, the only think to let it down was The Vogel at Count Basie Theater, which wasn’t great for sound!!!
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02840 seconds with 13 queries.