View Single Post
Old 06 Jul 2022, 20:20   #52
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
There's a sizeable difference between telling the truth and 'pissing on his grave'.
You know that.
I know that.
Let's move on.
Truth in the eyes of who? Meat is not here to tell his side of the story because he is dead. Yet, on his supposed 'fan club', folks are dissecting this story trying to dig up just how much of an asshole he was. I feel like pissing on his grave fits the bill here. This is not the place. Make a Facebook group or something. I'm sure there are many people who would join the group and enjoy gossip (let's face it, no true facts have been laid out, its pure gossip and mischievous "you know what he did wink wink nudge nudge" rhetoric at this point).

It's fairly common that people will come out of the woodwork after a person's death and try to ruin their reputation or "set things straight". In many cases, legitimate hurt feelings were involved. Meat was no saint, he was not perfect by any measurement. But as with most people, there was good and bad. I am not here to defend Meat or Patti or anyone. But I don't feel like THIS is the place to be having this discussion. It's already upsetting enough that my hero is dead. But to continuously have to come here and see more back and forth between ThatWriterGuy and others regarding "wink wink you should believe me based on (insert my opinion based on partial truthful information I heard)" just how ~~~~ed up Meat Loaf was is not enjoyable. Is this a fan club, or is it a tear Meat down club? Each person involved always brings their own opinion of what happened in the room. let's face it, we will never get the full picture. This conversation could go on literally forever and we still won't get there. Meat and Jim are dead. Others don't like talking about this and many loved Meat and had great experiences with him and don't feel like there is anything to discuss.

Time to move on sounds about right.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.06085 seconds with 15 queries.