View Single Post
Old 20 May 2020, 16:01   #9
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Must have been an awful experience.

I really liked the ILFY video and watched it over and over again in the 90s.
Thought it was a cool idea to have a sort of sequel to AFL. A shame there was never a 3rd part in some way. To me Did I Say That? or Blind as a Bat would have been possible closures. But the big budget music video days were over by then. We had Beauty and The Beast and Indiana Jones. Maybe something following on from that that would have been set as James Bond (Meat as the villain who actually gets/keeps the girl for a change) or even Star Wars (Meat as Han Solo) would have been totally awesome. (Several ways they could have transitioned the burning fuel truck into those worlds I reckon, Tatooine desert for Star Wars for example)

Interestingly the ILFY video had a few peculiar bits. The scene after the waterfall rescue has a very low quality video part of the helicopter flying away. Not sure if that was related to the horrible incident but it always looked weird to me.
There were two versions, one with an added CGI dragon when the witch woman appeared from the crate in the cave and one without. What were the reasons for this I wonder?

There is only a super low quality version of ILFY on youtube. Shame.
I remember this very well. VH-1 (and maybe MTV) had been promising a "world premiere" at a certain date and time. Probably due to the success of IDAFL. I thought something was missing when I saw the debut. I have it somewhere in a huge closet filled with old VHS tapes without the CGI. Around 2 days later I caught it again with the CGI and then the channel pretty much just dropped it when it didn't take off like IDAFL did. I remember they were selling the CD single (remember those, I do yet yesterday is rather fuzzy). My local office supply store even had a huge stack of them for like .50 cents each.

I think the expectation of the networks was set too high and they gave up on it too soon. IDAFL is a high bar to set and I think they wanted that again.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.03016 seconds with 13 queries.