View Single Post
Old 04 Mar 2017, 14:34   #519
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Bat out of Hell is a top musical - Wicked, The Lion King (I've worked on the UK Tour of both of these) didn't become great musicals over night. They were in development for years. Bat isn't finished. The music is better than both Wicked and Lion King IMO.

I think the show is treading the line between Opera form and Musical Theatre and it needs to choose which one it is. It's more an opera to me. I think that the whole thing should be sung through.

I'm confident that this show will stand next to Tanz Der Vampire (for me the best musical in the history of Musical Theatre)

Why is a ticket so expensive? Because the producers have invested millions in the show and need to recoup the cost for their investors. Why is the show more expensive than Les Mis? Because in 25+ years Les Mis has made millions of pound of profit, now it has lower running costs than a brand new show and has a better profit margin.

Theatre set up costs are MASSIVE. I worked on a Panto in 2008 that cost a million pounds to put on.
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.05313 seconds with 13 queries.