View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2016, 00:20   #39
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Keep giving people that disagree with you on issues these labels and see what happens. Everything you say just becomes hot air after a while and the labels become useless.
"I think when it comes to immigration that.."
"RACIST!"
"I'm not sure about the bathroom..."
"HOMOPHOBE!"
Rosie O donnell vs Donald Trump
Rosie:"He annoys me on a multitude of levels," she said. "He’s the moral authority! Left the first wife, had an affair, left the second wife, had an affair, had kids both times but he’s the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America. Donald sit and spin my friend. I don't enjoy him. This is not a self made man"

Trump: "a woman out of control," a "true loser," a "total train wreck," "disgusting," a "slob," "fat, ugly"

"MISOGYNIST!!"
Once again, you're focusing on the name-calling and ignoring the real issues. I really couldn't care less what he said about Rosie O'Donnell, except that it shows his character for what it is- he's a thin-skinned, reactive bully, and those are not the characteristics I want in my president. I want a president who is going to remain calm in a crisis situation and lead confidently, not pick up his phone and rant on Twitter.

If you believe there are problems with immigration, present a reasonable, rational argument, along with a realistic strategy how to fix the problem. Saying he's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it just makes him look like bigoted Uncle Donald ranting at Thanksgiving dinner- the family just laughs at him. I laughed at Trump for real when he said he could fix all the violence that occurs in Chicago (a majority of which occurs in the African-American community) in a week- it just makes him look like a fool.

I saw a picture posted on election day of a man in a polling place wearing a shirt that said, "Put the white back in the White House"- how can that be construed as anything but racist? I'd even consider it hate speech, which is illegal in this country. The same goes for the "Whites Only" message that was found scrawled in a high school bathroom in a suburb of Chicago yesterday.

As a woman, I don't believe that my reproductive rights should be dictated by the religious right and sexist men who believe that women should remain barefoot and pregnant.

The "bathroom law" had no basis in reality, and was instead based on ignorance and fear.

Quote:
Obamacare is unaffordable for many through premium hikes and lack of competition. Maybe it would be good if that gets undone indeed or radically improved. Affordable healthcare when it's unaffordable and cannot be used because of massive deductibles is a joke.
Hillary Clinton also had plans to make changes to the healthcare act; fix what is broken, don't throw out the entire thing because you don't like the administration that initiated it.

Speaking as someone who has worked in a healthcare field, privatization and competition are not necessarily good things (unless you are in the insurance business).

Quote:
Yet you completely overlook the fact that Hillary brought this issue up in the presidential debate. It thus seems you approve of this character assassination tactic.
I'm not overlooking it, and it's not a character assassination tactic- he has demonstrated his character all throughout his campaign.

Quote:
Where did Trump bring up anything other than political choices and actions about Hillary during these debates? He didn't, he stayed on topic focusing on politics whilst Hillary went on a wild goose chase bringing up irrelevant nonsense from the 90s.
Please- he constantly deflected without directly answering the questions that were posed to him. That's because he doesn't really have any real answers except, "You'll see, it's gonna be great!"

Quote:
The only time he deviated was the Bill Clinton rape accusations and pedophile Hillary as a lawyer case where she got the pedophile's sentence down and she later laughed at the fact she would never believe a polygraph again, thus indicating she knew he was completely guilty. Again these were actions (some alleged), but more than just Trump's words which seems all Hillary was going after. That and taxes. Weak I think as she is just describing countless individuals in America who are not necessarily breaking any laws.
I guess it's a good thing for him she didn't bring up the child rape allegations that Trump has being levelled against him. And I think the voting public has a right to know if a presidential candidate has paid his fair share of taxes when they are asked (or rather, required by law) to do the same.

Quote:
It's not only Trump who has written bad things on Twitter and I'm sure he will be more presidential from January 20th onwards.
Not unless they literally take it away from him, and it's already too late- the damage has been done.

Quote:
you cannot have the situation where as soon as a woman shouts rape everyone should lose their jobs.
You also cannot have a situation where when women do report it they are immediately branded a liar and threatened with lawsuits. That and similar reasons are why women do not come forward in the first place.

Quote:
Trump had the backing of almost all police forces, army generals and border patrol etc. This is telling.
The same police forces that are now being accused of rampant corruption and racism; you're right- it is telling!

Quote:
If criminality is proven in court then fair enough but my guess is this case will be settled and everyone involved will be happy.
He needs to pay back all the money that he fraudulently took from people, but he will likely find some way to weasel out of it.

Quote:
It was this kind of elitist thinking that made people go to Trump. "We know what's best for you, you're gonna regret it if you don't vote our way."
It's not elitist; I genuinely think that some people will not be happy with the consequences of this election. What's that saying about cutting off your nose just to spite your face?

Quote:
This is why the voting age should be raised to 21, 25 or even 30.
If young men can be drafted into the military at the age of 18, they should also be allowed to vote at the age of 18. If they are expected to fight and potentially die for their country, they should have some say in how it is governed.

Quote:
Why is everyone voting only one way considered good? Because it aligns with how you vote? People need to step out of their own bubble more and consider both sides of the argument.
In the way that you're considering both sides?

I didn't say that voting only one way is good. I said that if more young people voted, the results might have been very different. Young people should care and be involved, because they are the future of the country.

Quote:
There were even riot "Ads" found on Craigslist and there is evidence some were bussed into the cities. There is evidence that George Soros has bankrolled Black Lives Matter in the past.
Maybe, but that could be fake (or planted) as well.

Quote:
Anyway those are my final thoughts. I'm sure there will be further attempts at rebuttals.
"Attempts at rebuttals"? How very smug of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
I do not expect anyone to have their rights taken away before they hold up their hand and say .. Excuse me? Those people need to make their voices heard now, will need help and support. They need our voices added to theirs, and imo we do not have the option of sitting it out without losing our humanity. The saying that all evil needs to flourish is for good men to stand by has never been more apposite.
Well said, Caryl. When the Republicans were unhappy with Obama's win, and fought him tooth and nail every step of his presidency, no one told them to unite behind him. Now we are being told to just suck it up and deal with it- how is that fair? I fear that great harm can come to my country at the hands of these individuals, and I believe I have a right, if not a duty, to say and/or do something about it.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.06604 seconds with 13 queries.