Thread: JIm Interview
View Single Post
Old 03 Nov 2016, 12:33   #32
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
Personally, if they can do "We will rock you" without Queen not to mention Freddie Mercury, or "Mamma Mia!" without ABBA, then this shouldn't be very much different. I think if it works or it doesn't, it'll be down to whether the actual piece itself is any good or not.
I think the difference is that they are groups...Mamma Mia is known as the ABBA musical, not the Benny and Bjorn musical - which is really is. And Queen are Queen, there was never a more single unit group that was the sum of it's parts. They all sang (John Deacon aside) on the albums, all contributed to writing, so I think although Freddie was the frontman, Bat without some mention of Meat would be more like We Will Rock You without mentioning Queen.

I agree though, it's success will be down to the show itself, and with the team behind it I would think it might. We are talking TDV vs DOTV here. Tanz worked and continues to work because of the production/casting etc, Dance didn't for the same reasons. I don't feel the same mistakes being made on Bat that happened on DOTV.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05416 seconds with 14 queries.