View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2016, 14:04   #12
stretch37
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.06.2008
Location:  
Posts: 2,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige78 View Post
If you think that is bad then I highly recommend that you never ever listen to the follow up album, What About Now.
I hated what about now at first. it grew on me and became one of my regulars right up until Burning Bridges came out. The circle I used to love when it came out, but it was an album written for the recession times, similar to Bruce Springsteens Wrecking Ball. So not as much staying power and I've completely lost interest in it now. it was fun at the time though.

I feel like some of the music on Burning Bridges is the best Bon Jovi in awhile. Teardrop To The Sea and Who Would You Die For are classic bon Jovi and great sing alongs. I use Teardrop as a warm up. And We Don't Run is a great anthem.

This all not to mention What Do you Got and No Apologies.

I'm not sure what you mean by they stopped being Bon Jovi back on some old record. I guess I became an obsessive fan of a completely different band in 2009 then and before that when Crush came out. It's My Life I digged in high school along with Thank you for Loving Me and Runaway and a few other school dance favorites. to me they've always just sounded like Bon Jovi just updated their sound over time as any artist does whose actually creative.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02805 seconds with 13 queries.