Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Marxen
Worst timing of a post, cause Jim and Meat are about to put a happy ending to their story with doing Braver Than We Are.
Their legacy was summarized by Meat himself recently in Vegas: "I have been extremely lucky to meet Jim Steinman. And Jim Steinman has been extremely lucky to meet me."
|
ML said it best.
I think that ML was probably slightly luckier, because there probably aren't many bands or record labels that would have wanted a 300lb man as a lead singer. I think ML may have still had success, but I suspect it wouldn't have been as a singer, but an actor.
Jim is a genius, but very private. I suspect he would have been able to get artists to record his songs which would have been hits. He'd be some guy that only people who really read liner notes would know. He would make a fortune off of publishing rights.
That said, ML has been much better at turning chicken shit into chicken pot pie. His many comebacks are testament to that. Jim could have had far more success than he did; and he's a VERY successful songwriter.