View Single Post
Old 06 Apr 2015, 02:14   #56827
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyloaf View Post
On the streets of philadelphia?
Nope, ain't never been there! (They tell me it's nice, but that's another story.) I have, however, been in the Utah desert (albeit not on a rattlesnake speedway), I've boogalooed down Broadway, seen dark clouds rising from the desert floor, heard dogs howling on Main Street (because they understand), and made it through the tunnel to the other side (of the river), whereby I drove my sleek machine over the Jersey state line (thankfully, I didn't get stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps). I was hoping the State Trooper wouldn't stop me, and he didn't, though the turnpike sure is spooky at night when you're all alone! It might have been nice to have a Highway Patrolman for company. Good thing I wasn't driving a stolen car through a pitch black night. I might have had to drive all night just to buy me some shoes, but I found a shoe store out on Highway 29 that was open all night. On my way back down highway 31, I saw a man standing over a dead dog lying by the highway in a ditch; looked like he was poking that dog with a stick (no idea if it was one-legged or not). I guess it was my lucky day, because I made it back safely to my hometown, where everybody has a neighbor, and everybody has a friend. I tell you, I'm not ever going to ride in no used car again!

Last edited by Julie in the rv mirror; 06 Apr 2015 at 02:33.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.06524 seconds with 14 queries.