View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2014, 21:24   #98
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Sadly, just like with Meat's concerts, the people who don't attend are always the first to judge.
Who is judging or has judged? I replied to a comment about the posted clips and said "it may be something to do with the quality of bootleg clips, and we're used to hearing her with one of the best bands in the world .. big, big sound. She still has that big voice .. I think, for me anyway, it's that the overall sound is smaller, less vibrant and in your face somehow."

I certainly wasn't judging her on the clips but commenting that they were perhaps not a good indicator. I said she still had that big voice, but that she didn't have the big backing sound we are used to. Like chairboys I am sure she put on a great show. No-one has suggested otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
I think we all need to learn to focus more on the positive. Everyone who has seen Patti's show loves it. Everyone else needs to get to a show and see it for themselves.
Again, I said I was disappointed FOR her that the turn out for her second show was so low (apologies for getting the date wrong) .. and I'd think she is likely to have been. I also said "Hopefully this will not be indicative of the rest of the shows that are planned." That's not focusing on negatives, but expressing disappointment for an artist who is respected in this community for her performances, who is striking out on her own, and who has invested a lot in this tour. I am sure all those who went loved it, and I have never done anything but wish her well.

I am not going to any of the shows, so from now on had better keep my good wishes and my empathy to myself
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04925 seconds with 13 queries.