Thread: High Hopes
View Single Post
Old 31 Dec 2013, 19:13   #28
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night
 
Join Date: 23.07.2008
Location:  On the edge of town (in the Darkness...)
Posts: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian. View Post
Pre-ordered mine today - complete with Born in the USA DVD from my 1st Bruce concert!
I preordered the set, too; I'm going to get the vinyl as well. How cool that you get a DVD as a souvenir of your first show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
Ahahahaha, yes. It got mindnumbing after a few listens to me I do think This Is Your Sword is a pretty good song, but it hasn't grown on me yet. It sounds like a not-quite-so-good version of American Land, to my ears. I'm sure I'll like it much more after a few more listens.
Lol Yeah, it is rather repetitive, but I have always been a "music first" person, and this song just grabbed me- can't explain it. It has me dancing. (reminds me of one of my all-time faves- Miss Me Blind) I think it's going to be tremendous live.

This Is Your Sword does sound like something from the Seeger Sessions (would have fit on Wrecking Ball), and I'm pretty tired of American Land, so maybe that's why I'm not so big on the tune. Lots of people seem to like it, though.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.04234 seconds with 13 queries.