View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2013, 02:23   #65
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Copyright laws may well change over time, but as you say, reputational loss is more difficult to manage. (I'm also forced to wonder whether Bob Jovi et al are hounded and harassed on-line by a deranged tag-team ).
Yeah, I very much doubt they are....What has happened with that tag team on various online video venues is disturbing, akin to cyberbullying IMO. I know there are a TON of linkin park haters out there...Eg "why isn't every album like Hybrid Theory" (their first album) and Chester can't scream/sing anymore, etc...However, the main fan base is equally as adamant about drowning out the haters as we are

As far as managing reputational loss...And yes this is likely a rehash from somewhere on the forum, I think bands who nip bootlegs in the bud by releasing their own material for a nominal fee is a good approach to managing this. It feeds better quality videos into the system, and therefore those tend to be the ones people judge the artist by the most. It also would allow an artist, such as Meat, to have greater control over the video of him that gets distributed around the net Something which, IMO, would be greatly relieving for him.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.03704 seconds with 14 queries.