View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2012, 09:20   #33
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
The Boyzone song was a strong worldwide success though.
It was #1 in the UK for an ear-cringing 3-4 weeks, and as far as I'm aware was the only Boyzone hit to ever achieve popularity in the U.S, but I'm not aware it made any significant impact in the charts there; as I said it didn't make the top 50 as far as I could find in NA. It went Platinum in the UK .. (as did CHSIB and HCTB).

Quote:
The main point is that (even since 1993)JS has had more success away from ML than the other way around.
Your main point. And imo unproven, one I totally disagree with, and one which won't develop more credibility simply by being repeated and continually based on the examples you give.

In my view success is measured by more than your examples. For Meat it is based on work done and delivered, and the quality of that work .. a pretty robust yardstick in anyone's book imo. Surely even the meanest critic would at least base it on things like sustained popularity, continuing to create and deliver new work which in the case of albums sells and makes an impact in the charts, continuing to perform to a level that fills theatres and arenas around the world .. and perhaps having a fansite where fans continue to get news of new releases and discuss new work delivered and out in the world.

Page generated in 0.02312 seconds with 13 queries.