View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2012, 03:44   #32
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkeaholic View Post
Well with the exception of Celion Dion nothing from your list was a success outside of Europe, so by that logic Boyzone and Vampire whatever must not have been that successful either since they were not worldwide successes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Yes, in Europe. This is the UK fan club site, and Meat never lost anything in terms of popularity here. His career never needed relaunching, he remained a household name, even lived here.

But Tanz wasn't big in the US was it? Nor did Boyzone's version of No Matter What trouble the scorer too much in NA; didn't even struggle into the top 50 in Canada .. so I thought we were basing this comparison of "success" largely in Europe
True. You got me. Poorly thought out. Tanz was never popular in the US and it never got a Canadian show. The Boyzone song was a strong worldwide success though.

And yes, I'm aware that ML never lost his popularity in the UK, but his biggest albums were known world wide. You can't compare it JUST to European sales when they've both had strong success around the world.

The main point is that (even since 1993)JS has had more success away from ML than the other way around. They are both at their best when working together.

Page generated in 0.02253 seconds with 13 queries.