View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2012, 01:11   #21
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I think it's a testament to Meat Loaf's undisputed creativity that without Kasim Sulton who supposedly was the "musical director" of the live band for years the arrangements, sound, excitement were all even better in Dec 2010 at the shows I went to. I certainly think it has always been Meat who has "directed" the show yes. That doesn't mean to say he doesn't need help but he certainly is the driving force.

Yes Steinman wrote amazing songs, but Meat had/has a vision (and I believe he probably did inspire Steinman to write certain songs yes), a persona and most importantly he has a special connection with everyone in the audience, which you cannot teach or become, you simply are.

As for Todd, well I would never go to one of his shows. The only really interesting thing he did solo to me were the great vocals in "Loving you's a dirty job". All his solo music is stuff I really don't like. I totally don't get how you go from producing Bat/the backing vocal arrangements he does/"getting" that type of music perfectly to the stuff he actually does himself, it seems very far removed (some of the music I've heard at least). But each to their own.

I'm sure it was just a joke but I can see fans would get disappointed at what he said. It's a silly thing to say I think and unnecessarily alienates fans.

Last edited by AndrewG; 28 Mar 2012 at 01:38.

Page generated in 0.05010 seconds with 13 queries.